Thursday 18 August 2016

The "We Support Small Businesses" campaign

Late last night my business partner in "The Crystal Spring" posted on Facebook that she wanted to support small businesses and show them some "love" by hitting the "love" icon on every small business post that she discovered while going about her business on Facebook.

I spotted her post this morning and as soon as I did I got the old familiar wobbles in the tummy that signify "this is something I want to get behind"

My brain went into overdrive and I began to see Facebook pages, window stickers posters etc and an initiative that could grow into a national campaign very quickly.  Below is the very first idea that sprung into my mind.


I think that the reason it struck a chord with me is that for years I have worked with and in small businesses and so I fully know and understand how hard it can be to build a business from scratch.  It is not an easy process and as Kaz said to me this morning "it is full of ups and downs"

Therefore to do my bit for the campaign I have posted the message on Facebook and already shown "love" to 2 small businesses here in North Devon.

However - and this is where it gets serious folks - we don't just need a show of support on Facebook although that is a great platform to get the campaign rolling - we need people to support the businesses by purchasing from, using the services of, visiting the shops of etc etc  This way we are not simply just "talking the talk" but we are also "walking the walk"

So go on be brave and join Kaz and I in supporting small businesses!

All the best

DAve

No comments:

Post a Comment